Monday, May 7, 2007

Ryan joins the Quarter Century Club in style...

What a weekend... brief synopsis: SATURDAY was golf and a big BBQ with alllll the fixin's... after the BBQ the lads watched match of the day (football highlights) and the ladies sang their hearts out while playing Karaoke hero on the Playstation... It didn't take long until we all joined in and sang til the wee hours... got my first game of golf in, if you call slicing drives into the next fairway and three-putting from 10 feet golf!! SUNDAY I played some mean stick and puck with Lucas... Lucas was brilliant and scored the first goal in the scrimmage! But the real battle was the wipe-out tally which I won convincingly 6 - 4! Thats right I spent most of the time on the ice... I looked something fierce out there with my red figure skates, boys hockey helmet, and a chunk of lumber fit for a man twice my size! If I never have to wear figure skates again, I will be a happy, happy man!

Last night we had another BBQ at a neighbours place and celebrated my birthday with some cake and a couple gifts. Among them were a couple travel books and some excellent English chocolates. Cheers to all for a great night. My apologies to KATE for referring to you as ANNE the other day in my blog... Kate, this could be seen as a compliment as everyone I know with the name Anne I hold in very high regard! (My nanny for example) Kate was our gracious host last night. She cooks the meanest lamb this side of London and that is NOT an understatement...

On another note I am thinking about living in London reather than Reading... much more going on and the price difference is minimal from what I understand.

Big up for my boy Steve Nash holding it down in Phoenix... anybody see the battle wound he ended up with last night in the first game of the second round?? What a trooper! Raps are toast... what a disappointment. They certainly did not play to their potential in the first round...

Hope all is well with everyone...

Cheers,

Baker

4 comments:

Erika Ã…kerlund said...

Hey Ryan, Happy Birthday! A little late though but better late then never you know! I should´ve remembered cause my mom had her birthday the 5:th too, hope you can forgive me! I understand you didn´t like the figure skating, lucky you you´re not coming to see us in the winter cause then we would absolutely have to go figure skating with you.. :) Have to go to work now, hugs! /Erika

Unknown said...

Hey dude, it's your cousin Jamie. Remember me from ages and ages and ages ago?

I used to live in Reading (know cemetary junction?) and agree that it sucks. If you're around in London give us a shout, maybe I'll even treat you to a pint of real beer unless you're too far gone down the footie-boy-piss-lager route.

Mail me on jammstrong@hotmail.co.uk and I'll give you my number (prob shouldn't on the blog site).

Take it easy,
J

Unknown said...

..happy birthday too

Tara said...

hey Ry guy
Sounds like you are having a great time. Happy Birthday. Great idea having a blog. TTYL Love Tara.
p.s Liam is really missing you. He woke up the morning after you left and said "well Uncle ryan must be in England by now" Then he was a grump all day...LOL