Thursday, April 26, 2007

DOD (Date of Departure) set for May 1st, 2007

If you have discovered this page (MY BLOG) you are likely aware of my situation! I am the latest employee of a company called 'Little Kickers' which is based in England... as the head of coaching. After careful consideration and weighing out all the pros and cons I have decided to move to Reading (just west of London) due to the fact that the commute from Hillsdale Canada would be time consuming and quite frankly a little bit pricey.

As of today (April 26th) I have booked my flight and received my working visa for the UK. Me being the thrifty (cheap) man that I am, I scored a direct flight from Hamilton to London for $242-.

I have yet to secure a place to live and hope to take care of this once I get to England and can actually take a good look around. That being said, those of you who are considering making a trip to England or anywhere else in Europe for that matter should let me know. For a small fee (a pint of lager at a local pub) I would be happy to put you up!!

The purpose of this blog is to keep my friends and family up to date on what I am doing... my transformation into a Canadian/Brit... my new job... my travels... and I guess whatever else I want to talk about!!

Check back and I will let you know how my first few days in England were.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HELLOOOO! :) I hope that you will write often, but I guess that you are reeeally busy when you never have the time to write me an email =P hehe..:)
/Pohanna

Erika Åkerlund said...

HEY! At least the swedish girls have found you blog, or maybe we´re the only ones who´re nice enough to leave a comment.. :P I guess you´ve landed in the UK by now, good luck with the new job! /Årika

Matt Ross said...

After that last posting by Erika I guess I should spice this comment section up with a little Canadian content. Seeing how I sent off a gmail I don't really think there is much I can add other than be sure to lay down the ground rules when you start... you need a minimum of 2 weeks vacation come july.

Craiger said...

Hi there! I'm here to support the Canadian content of this blog eh. I'm very glad to hear that the trip has been so positive Ryan. This is definitily an opportunity of a life time and I hear they're going to pay you too! I like everything I've read about Little Kickers so far including their charity of choice. Good luck starting the new job but of course you won't need luck.

Bakes said...

Hey JoJo, Erika, MaRo, Craiger... congrats on being the first to make a post Johanna, you make me sooo proud! Did you get the email Matt and I sent you?
Yes Erika I am in the UK and loving it so far... hitting up a local Pub for some team music trivia tonight... the swedes should come and visit so we can put in a winning team! ~
Matt... haven't spoken about my holidays yet, but I am sure when I drop your name and our intentions there will be no issues whatsoever...
Craiger... how are things back home? the charity of choice is in Kenya and I will be traveling there with our coach of the year to start the program! Woohoo...
Talk to you all sooooooon!
RCJB